There were many Covid-era restrictions on basic life which most Californians, shockingly, accepted as legitimate. None was more bizarre than Newsom, seemingly arbitrarily, deciding which privately-owned businesses were “essential” and would be allowed to survive/flourish, and which were “non-essential” and thus destined for destruction. His schizophrenic and autocratic handling of the restaurant and entertainment industries alone should be enough, in a rational world, to force him out of office.
- Only two U.S. governors have been removed from office in a recall election – one in North Dakota in 1921 and Gray Davis’ ouster in California in 2003.
- Expect a barrage of television ads through election day.
- They’ve been speaking at GOP luncheons and receptions; asking for endorsements from elected officials, donors and conservative groups, and courting party delegates who will decide who the state party backs in August.
- Picking winners in upcoming important races will be very easy.
- But that’s almost irrelevant because it also has to do with the populace and local government’s actions.
- The more I read about pandemic protocols and the thinking behind them, the more I think he handled it by the book.
- He became the second governor in U.S. history to defeat a recall, cementing him as a prominent figure in national Democratic politics and preserving his prospects for a future run.
Even Senator Dirksen, a noted champion of civil rights, was so aghast at this that he proposed an amendment to allow legislative districts of unequal population. Why not open your mind and sauter du coca light listen to what happened in the election. It’s about the globalists stealing the election. Trump is not going to be put in office and Joe kicked out so you can afford to listen! You have nothing to lose by listening objectively.
Cockroaches, Failing On Probation: Restaurant Closures, Inspections In Riverside County, July 22
Newsome shouid double down on the lockdowns and school closings. He saved thousands of lives doing this as opposed to states that didn’t lock down like Florida. It’s very much a “be careful what you ask for” situation because you don’t know who’ll end up winning.
Bill Maher Brutally Mocks Trump Over Wanting Pence To hang, 9
And only two governors have been removed from office in a recall election – one in North Dakota in 1921 and Davis’ ouster in California in 2003. The recall election asking voters if they want to replace Gov. Gavin Newsom will take place on Sept. 14. Nearly four dozen candidates will appear on the ballot as potential replacements, according to the secretary of state’s office. The California recall election against Gov. Gavin Newsom had been a fairly quiet affair, with Republicans considered a long shot at best to oust him. That was before two polls from Emerson College and another for the Los Angeles Times showed support for the recallreaching around47 percent.
You can skip question 2—just leave the other side blank. If you have thoughts or opinions on what is happening in your local community, California, the nation or the world, let us know. E-mail your letter to Please provide your name, city and telephone number . Letters of about 200 words will be given preference. Letters will be edited for length, grammar and clarity.
While a reasonable approach, the approach chosen was to assume a ‘fresh’ election where all voters participate. Unlike a primary, this will be a ‘final phase’ election, with a plurality adequate to win. Of course, if Newson stays in office the Trumpists have the good ole way of just storming the capital. Or maybe have lawyers declare they don’t like what the results were. Have recount after recount until they “find” votes.
While he may harbor those ambitions, there is a Californian already in the White House by the name of Vice President Kamala Harris. You never know in life, but I would think her presence forestalls any national ambitions Newsom may have for the foreseeable future. This recall is very much what I’ve described as a revolt of red-state California. That’s not to say folks are head-over-heels in love with Newsom. Yes, a vote on the second question won’t invalidate or affect your vote on the first.